Tuesday 20 January 2009

Window Cleaners "Virgin Mary" Rock


Man hopes to raise funds with Virgin Mary rock: BILLINGS - Jeff Wahl is hoping that a rock he found along the banks of the Yellowstone River can help pay for treatment to save his friend's life. Wahl, 45, who runs an East Helena window-cleaning business, found an agate in eastern Montana with an unusual design within its amber-colored core. “I could see in this agate what looked like a person kneeling,” he said. When he got home, he cut the agate on his rock saw and revealed what he says is a resemblance of the Virgin Mary kneeling while cradling her baby Jesus. An aura seems to enshroud Mary's head. He calls it the Prayer Agate.
But Wahl is willing to part with the stone so that he can help his friend, Manx Skillicorn, pay expenses as he awaits liver transplant surgery. Skillicorn, of Seeley Lake, has been staying in Oklahoma City with his wife, Jeanne, since October as he awaits a donor. “With everything they're going through, having to stay in an apartment away from home, I just want to do something for them,” Wahl said.
Skillicorn, 63, is battling a tumor on his liver along with chronic cirrhosis caused by a blood disorder that produces too much iron, destroying his liver. He's on the national transplant list, but because the tumor kept growing, he was bumped down. Although Skillicorn has insurance to defray the costs, he said the $1,300 apartment rent he's had to pay in Oklahoma City along with the mortgage and expenses on his Montana home have his family strapped for cash.
Skillicorn appreciates his friend's help. “He needs the money as bad as I do,” Skillicorn said. “I appreciate him anyway.”




"This is no ordinary stone as you can see from the photos. You do not have to guess by tilting your head, or squinting your eyes to figure out what this stone looks like. I found this stone myself off an island in the Central Pacific.The rock was trapped between several large boulders in the surf at the base of a cliff. At low tide it was partially exposed and it caught my eye because it looked like a kneeling woman. When the waves came in and crashed over the boulders the water would swirl all around her moving through the head opening and then back out. I beleive this is also how the cavity was formed that the small stone was in. After getting her to shore I could see half of the small stone and all around it was shell and sand. I rinsed the cavity to find it much deeper and was able to lift the small stone out. I layed it in the cavity and thats when it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I was looking at Virgin Mary holding Baby Jesus. This is what I see and every person I have shared this with sees her too. There is no telling how many years it took mother nature to form this stunning depiction of the Virgin Mary. This phenomenon stands approx 12" tall and other than rinsing her of salt water and sand it is just the same as the day I rescued it from the ocean and has NOT been altered. The white you see on her in the pictures is coverings from the ocean and adds even more to her beauty. This statue is a miracle in itself just by the way it was formed. A portion of the proceeds from this sale will help a dear friend and her 3 sons one of which has severe dissabilities. I invite the buyer to come and pick her up in person. This is how confident I am about how beautiful she is."

Another Virgin Mary here.

No comments:

Search This Blog