Sunday 19 August 2012

Washing A Million Windows

George Lynn washes another window in his efforts to set a Guinness World Record.
Dusty aims for record clean sweep: George “Dusty” Lynn is not your typical 65-year-old pensioner. His window-washing mission has taken him all around the world and after four unsuccessful attempts at making it into the Guinness world records, he is determined that 2012 will become his year. Mr Lynn travelled to Rockingham on Monday to see how many windows he could add to his tally from our area after adding his special touch to Perth’s northern suburbs.

Despite battling rheumatoid arthritis, Mr Lynn is aiming to wash more than one million windows by Australia Day 2013, with more than 500,000 completed since January. Mr Lynn charges $2 for his window washing services, donating one third of the profits towards The Royal Flying Doctor Service and another third to The Salvation Army. “I travel from place to place, currently living out of my car trying to wash as many windows as I can,” Mr Lynn said. 

George Lynn is going for a Guinness world record for cleaning windows.
“I have a log book that I fill in as my evidence and I aim to wash about 10,000 a week.” “The best thing about this mission is that I get to talk to so many people and travel around by myself, there is nothing wrong with bringing a little sunshine into others lives.” Mr Lynn said he first saw the opportunity to make it into the Guinness World Records on a trip to Abu Dhabi, finding himself at the airport with no local currency and in dire need of a cuppa and something to eat.

Trying his luck with an English café owner, Mr Lynn offered to wash his store windows in exchange for something to eat. “It was at that moment I realised there could be money in this and an opportunity to travel,” Mr Lynn has travelled all across Australia in his fifth attempt and has planned Harvey as his next destination.

No comments:

Search This Blog