Thursday 16 October 2014

Window Cleaner’s Worst Nightmare

Frana speaks to 3AW Breakfast who organised a window cleaner who cleaned the wrong house.
http://audioboom.com/boos/2562781-this-is-a-window-cleaner-s-worst-nightmare
A window cleaner's worst nightmare (Rumour Confirmed): A window cleaner has done a bang-up job, cleaning an entire double-storey property, only to realise he was at the wrong house.

'Sparkling Clean' told the 3AW Rumour File how a Mornington Peninsula (Australia) cleaning company employee did a stellar job washing all the windows of a home, but when it came to leaving his bill he discovered he was at the wrong address.

Frana, who arranged the window cleaner, told Ross and John she realised there was a problem when the cleaner mentioned there was an Audi parked in the driveway - a car she doesn't own.

“During the day I got the call, ‘Hi Frana, I’ve finished the house, I’ll leave the bill here. But there’s a bit of a problem, the back door in unlocked,’” she told 3AW.

“Oh my God, really?" He said, ‘And there’s an Audi in the drive.’

“I said, ‘I haven’t got an Audi.’

“I said, 'Look, there’s a key beside the back door in the book case. Can you get the key?’

“He said, ‘There’s no bookcase there.’”

Frana then suggested the cleaner take a look at the house number – and then the penny dropped.

“He goes out [to the letterbox] and all I heard was ‘Ooh’,” she said.

Ross Stevenson said the cleaner could have been pounced on by the rozzers.

“The bloke in the Audi was presumably either armed with a shotgun or ringing 000 saying that there’s someone here cleaning windows against my will,” he said.

Burnso said the fuzz would have charged him with aggravated burglary because "he was armed with window cleaner". The window cleaner told Frana that what he’d done was “a window cleaner’s worst nightmare”.


http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/wrong-house.3138/

Joe: Who else has done this then?
Was instructed by a custy to park at the back gate, told me red gate, tree overhanging & tree cuttings piled up.
Walked in, halfway through the garden," What are you doing?!! "
"hi shelley im here to clean your windows!". Im not shelley and i dont need a window cleaner!
Oh sorry i say, this was the instructions i was given. Turned out house i needed was 10 houses up.
What are the chances of the directions i was given being exactly the same for another house?!

Paul: Yes I done it 4 days ago lol started cleaning done 2 windows and some old bird came out "what you doing" I said I Gave you a price 2 days ago on Facebook, oops it was next door so the next-door house was Totaly different to what I priced up I priced about £5 more than I should of lol felt like a rite ***

All Round Cleaning: I done it myself but i done 3 in 1 go lol .

Dodger: I ask facebook customers to put something in window like a piece if paper with an X on it or something (change it all time) not just to make sure it's right house but more to make sure I'm not being wound up by another windie.

RCProperty: yer i've done that a few times! not just a few windows!! the whole house! lol think is just something that goes with the job! lol

Posh: Have cleaned 2 whole houses before. One wrote me 65 & should ave been number 63 & another had an extension done so when I went back 5 months later next door had an extension to & just didnt think.

GMeister: Last month cleaned this house(one house in a row of house) anyway, it was the third house in, in the row, anyway I somehow counted it as two houses in, as the one at the end didnt have a front door like the others but was on the side.
So when I when to do the back I counted two houses in by mistake and started to clean the backs, women comes out and says I thought we agreed every 8 weeks?
I was like yeah we did but I counted the wrong house in lol. Was meant to do next door

 
MarkM: I cleaned a wrong house last year should have been No1 i cleaned No1a

RCProperty: thats the problem when they are 1 1a 1b etc! mine was 22c but i did 22d! lol

No comments:

Search This Blog