Wednesday 4 March 2009

When Window Cleaning is Tough (Moving Story)

When Window Cleaning is Tough: I started my window cleaning business 6 years ago and today I cleaned the toughest window I think I have ever cleaned out of over 100,000. I was working on an older home with a lot of paint chipping off the windows. I saw a number of pictures of a little girl about 2 years old and the grandmother was home so I asked for a vacuum cleaner due to lead-paint chip concerns and the baby.The grandmother informed me that her 24-month old healthy granddaughter had just died a few days before of CROUP. I was a bit shocked to say the least. I slowly worked my way through the rest of this house and the last window I got to was in a light yellow nursery behind a gliding rocker and beside a crate full of toys. On the lower window sash of this double hung window were the tiniest little greasy finger prints made by a little girl standing just a little over 2 feet tall peering out that window. I just sat there bearly containing myself before I could build up the courage to forever wash away thosegreasy little pads. My business doesn’t usually have any deep considerations but I nearly lost it as I erased those fingerprints. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of the death a child or the absolute deafening silence that comes with losing your only child. I would ask you to keep this young couple in your prayers. I will never again take for granted little greasy fingerprints on windows.
.

No comments:

Search This Blog