Tuesday 16 September 2008

U.K. Super Bantam-Weight Window Cleaner



Hayemaker super bantamweight prospect Josh Wale said he is dedicated to boxing 24 hours a day and that he would fight for a British title tomorrow. The 20-year-old fighter (7-0, 3 KOs) faces Marc Callaghan on the undercard of Ryan Rhodes' fight with Jamie Coyle at the Hillsborough Leisure Centre in Sheffield on Saturday. Josh Wale is trained by his father and has been managed by Hayemaker head of boxing Dave Coldwell since turning professional. Hayemaker camp are gushing in their admiration of Wale with Adam Booth saying he fights like a 'little Antonio Margarito' and though the most unassuming fighter you could come across, Wale lacks neither confidence nor ambition. First in his sights is the British super bantamweight title, currently held by Matthew Marsh. "I like pressure fighting," Wale added. "Me and my Dad love to watch the Mexican fighters. [Marco Antonio] Barrera, [Erik] Morales, Antonio Margarito, [Julio Cesar] Chavez. I love Mexican boxing - "Non-stop action, value for money."
His style, combined with his endearing personality, has led to him already building up a following in South Yorkshire and he keeps in contact with many of his fans in his day-job as a window cleaner. "Everybody from Brampton, where I'm from (support me)," Wale said. "I'm a window cleaner there. "I'd like to keep (window cleaning) as long as I can. I'll do it until the day when my Dad tells me to pack it in. "I enjoy it. It gets me to meet local people and shows I am just like anyone else. "My Dad wouldn't let me go up on a ladder if I've got a European title fight coming up I know that much."

No comments:

Search This Blog