Thursday 21 August 2008

See Clearlee

A WINDOW cleaning business is continuing to climb the ladder of success. Lee Stevanovic launched See Clearlee following a short stint in the Army. Mr Stevanovic, 34, of Hebburn, said: "After leaving the armed forces, I worked as a plasterer and also in local shops. "Then I decided to buy a small window cleaning round, and the business just took off from there. "Last year, Mr Stevanovic, who is married with two sons, invested £6,000 in See Clearlee, partly to keep up with recent health and safety regulations. "Because there are stricter rules about working at heights, more and more window cleaners are using new technology," he said. "I spent £2,000 on new reach and wash gear, which means I can clean windows up to a height of 30ft. "I have a tank in the van, with the filtered water being powered by a tiny pump. "I also spent £4,000 on a new van because I carry out jobs over quite a wide area, from Washington to Newcastle, plus South Tyneside. "Domestic window cleaning still accounts for most of the work by See Clearlee. "I can clean the windows of about 150 houses a week, and I have had some regular customers for years," said Mr Stevanovic. "People build up trust with someone who is consistent about window cleaning, and I like to maintain standards by wearing a uniform and looking the part. "Despite not receiving a single business grant, See Clearlee has continued to flourish in what can be a very competitive market.

No comments:

Search This Blog