Thursday 7 July 2011

Window Cleaning Business Owner Magazine Issue 5


FREE Copy of WCBO Issue 5 Available to You! Get it before they actually start shipping!! Anybody who places an order between July 7th and 10th will recieve a FREE factory 2nd of WCBO Issue 5. So place your orders and get reading! Subscribe to Issue #5 and receive a FREE JFlint Blue Sponge!!



Window Cleaning Business Owner Magazine is a bi-monthly magazine that comes out 6 times a year. In this issue of Window Cleaning Business Owner Magazine:

Behind the Squeegee: Sharen Valuska of Crystal Clear Window Cleaning
"Sharen: It started back when I was married the first time back in ‘99. My first husband worked at a local steel mill and kept getting laid off. We were just kicking around some ideas for starting a business and I just happened to be cleaning the windows at our house one day and it kind of just struck me, “how hard could this be?"…

Turning Employees into All Stars with Don Taylor:
 " Don: Next is two days of orientation/training at our facility. We do this so the newbies can go out into the field knowing what we will expect of them and so they don’t appear clueless in front of the customers. When we were smaller we used to just send them out into the field and have the supervisor train them. That’s how my first day was. It was embarrassing just standing in front of a window at a customer’s house for an hour trying to perfect fanning while the rest of the crew cleaned all the windows on the house"…

The Part-Timer by David Turner:
"What’s to consider? Financial concerns are number one. The big question is “Can I make it financially?” You are secure and comfy getting your regular paycheck every two weeks"…

Window Cleaners are from Mars, Customers are from Venus by Brett Bailey:
 "She commented on how prompt I was, my neat appearance, what a great sense of humor I had and how it was apparent to her that I was educated (I guess she forgot to mention great looking). When she was done praising me, I looked around at the windows I just cleaned, making sure not to hit my swollen head on a chandelier, and asked her, “What about the great window cleaning job?” She commented back, “Oh yeah, that too"…

Gaining Commercial Contracts Today by Kate Baker: 
"Depending on a window cleaning company’s preferences and setup, commercial contracts may be the Holy Grail for some people. No more waiting for Mrs Bennett to remember to pay you the seven bucks she still owes you and no more dealing with the hungry Rottweiler left parked in the back garden"…

Your Online Success by Charly Caldwell II:
"It’s really important to me that you understand exactly how to put your business in alignment with how people are searching online. So that if someone uses Google, their smartphone, or tablet (such as the iPad) to find the types of services you provide, you show up!"…

How to Track Your Company's Growth by Bruce Ferguson:
"How do we track our growth? Numbers in a spreadsheet and a couple column or line graphs are ok and helpful, but I always found irritations, things that made comparing this month or that month, or whatever, a far cry from apples to apples. I have found as soon as you discount something like that, it immediately loses all value and the whole comparison in general is worthless"…

Manufacturer Spotlight with Mark Unger:
"In 1992 my parents called a meeting and said they were done with what they wanted to do with the business and wanted to sell it to us, or give it to us if that was possible. We bought it in 1995, my two brothers and me, and we started running it ourselves"...

To read the full articles above and tons more, subscribe today! 

No comments:

Search This Blog