Thursday 6 November 2008

Out-Of-Town 'Pirates' Pinch Window Cleaning Business

Out-of-town 'pirates' pinch Naomi's window cleaning business: A Leighton Buzzard woman who gave up her job as a driver's mate to start her own window cleaning business says her dream is being shattered by rivals from out of town. Naomi Janes, 28, of Stanbridge Road Terrace, bought an established round from a retiring window cleaner and was looking forward to being her own boss. Since starting out three weeks ago, however, she has seen her daily appointments drop from nine to two. "I'm turning up to be told that they have got somebody else," she said. "I made some enquiries and found out that it's people from Dunstable and Houghton Regis coming over and taking my customers. "To say I am angry and upset is an understatement. You couldn't print what I really think of them. "Naomi said some customers told her they felt pressurised by the pirates and had promised to revert to her services, but she is left with the problem of re-establishing herself while trying to make ends meet and keep her round on the road. "I do a good job, I'm cheap and cheerful and I'm being pushed out before I've even had a chance to get started," she said. "I can look after myself and I'm not going to give up yet. "All I want to do is build a nice little business."
Is all fair in love and window cleaning? Tell us if you think this is just fair competition or depriving a hard-worker of the chance she deserves. Email news@lbobserver.co.uk

No comments:

Search This Blog