Sunday 10 April 2011

A Rant To Window Cleaning Suppliers - Take Note!


The Rant...

So Window Cleaning Supplies, you need them, they need your business - you would think it would be a pretty straight transaction right? Wrong! So I'm writing this blog to send the message out to all suppliers, whatever part of the World you are in, this probably needs sorting out & you know it. No naming names here...but you know who you are. And no, I haven't tried every window cleaning supply house, well not yet. When I order the supplies I need, I really expect the whole order, not part of & certainly the right gear I ordered at that time.

I'm pretty fed up with getting the wrong orders sent to me. I've had the displeasure of ordering window cleaning supply gear only to receive the wrong stuff on almost every occasion. You would think that certain suppliers would understand you are ordering this gear at that particular time because you needed it, that's why you chose that week to order in the first place.

So what can be done? Firstly, what I would call for is a mission statement by that company.  And also something along the lines of - if you don't receive this order in so many days - we cover the shipping. If you don't receive that order in so many weeks we cover the whole bill? Sound good - you bet it does. Yep, postage strikes happen, postal warehouses form attachments with your stuff, but I don't want to be checking if my order has arrived - surely that is up to the company that sent it? Let them do the checking - & perhaps an email to ask if you received them OK.

I have also had the displeasure of having my emails ignored. This has happened on various occasions & I'm left guessing. Have the suppliers died, did they all turn in to zombies & lose the power to type? I think not, perhaps a system could be put in place in this technological age by the suppliers - it's that simple. Hell, wi-fi was invented back in the 1900's by Tesla, it's taken that long to get to us. Window cleaning suppliers you have to decide if you want to be on the wi-fi train stuck on platform 10 or join the in-crowd, it really is that simple.

So there you go, I've had my rant, glad I got it out of my system. If you agree to my comments, why not leave a little comment of your own, the more the merrier. If you don't agree, why not say why, I'll leave it to you.


Read about a company that got it right & addressed the problem...

We screwed up his Window Cleaning Supply Order: We pride our selves on perfect shipping at Shop Window Cleaning Resource. The other day though we screwed up and sent a guy a Ettore Microfiber Sleeve, instead of a Ettore porcupine Sleeve like he requested. I was pretty horrified by this. So what we did was…read more, click here.

4 comments:

Don, the Window Cleaner said...

Karl, ya gotta name names. There is no such thing as anonymous accountability. You can bet that those suppliers will find out in short order when their vanity searches on Google turn up what lunkheads they are. I blogged about a local auto repair place and how I got screwed, and THAT HOUR I got a call from the shop, and they refunded a large part of my bill!!!

alexwcr said...

Karl thank you for posting the video! - We work insanely hard at this so its nice to be recognized :) - We know something is working if we get a comment / compliment about it every single day!

http://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/blog/2011/04/this-week-in-window-cleaning-early-april-edition/

Unknown said...

Karl, this is a great blog! I have heard from way to many fellow window cleaners about how they got the wrong stuff not just once but the replacement equipment that was sent out was the wrong stuff too.

Paul said...

If you don't name names, more of us will go through this.

I've never had this experience but if a company was that bad, I'd send out a warning.

Don't just rant, provoke change.

Search This Blog