Friday 12 November 2010

Wagtail Whirlwinds - Squeegee Winner - 20-20 Vision


Congratulations to Stephen Hill (pictured above) with 20-20 Vision who  is the latest winner of the Wagtail Whirlwind 14" & 18" squeegee's (competition here) that enable you to work faster with this combination & wash/wipe simultaneously. It features a new aggressive micro-fibre pad. Mop and squeegee in one or alternate between modes in less than a second. Very robust. Great for most cleaning applications - especially windows, excellent for pole work and great to clean floors as well.
20-20 Window Cleaning is owned and operated by Steven Hill, and specializes in residential and commercial window and gutter cleaning in the greater East Dallas, Texas area. In 2001, Steven was introduced to the window cleaning industry by a good friend, Jim Ham, owner and operator of the original 20/20 Window Cleaning, which services the Northern Front Range of Colorado. During the six and a half years Steven worked with Jim, they serviced thousands of homes and nearly 300 businesses each month.

A little about Stephen..

Born and raised in central New Jersey and an artist at heart. I met my wife while in community college, she being a Texas native.  We made our way down to the Dallas - Fort Worth area in the late 90's so that she could finish up school.  After her graduation we relocated to Longmont, Colorado,  she took a job with a Architecture firm based in Boulder, and I found a retail job in downtown Boulder.  Once a month the window cleaner, Jim Ham would come and clean the shops windows, and I started to chat with him when he would come by.  Retail pay was low, and I was not all that thrilled with the job,  he offered me a job and I gave my notice with the shop.  Never in a million years would I have thought of getting in to window cleaning. I wanted to be a full-time artist, I didn't realize the potential for income and flexibility involved with window cleaning.  I was scared when I first started and was wondering if I had made the right choice, but it got easier with time and practice.  
I worked for Jim and 20/20 Window Cleaning from 2001 till 2007.  In 2004 we had a daughter and had to cut back on my hours to raise her as a full time dad (pay is real low, but it is rewarding).  In 2007 we moved back down to Dallas to be closer to family and a job change for my wife.  I thought I was done with window cleaning at that stage, but found myself back in it and  found another company to work for. I was 33 or so at the time with a child that was home sick more than in full-time daycare, so I became a full-time home dad once again.  So once my daughter started kindergarten it was time to get my version of  20-20 Window Cleaning started in Dallas.  I am still a full-time dad, juggling, dropping off and picking up a six year old to first grade everyday, washing dirty dishes and laundry, and running a small window cleaning and gutter cleaning company, but it is all worth it. Just wanted to thank Karl for the great blog that he runs as well as the contest and Wagtail tools.

If you missed it before, here is Max, a window cleaner in Mexico who quickly adapted to using the wagtail - in 5 minutes no less!

No comments:

Search This Blog