Sunday 28 November 2010

Cleaning Windows By Helicopter


They REALLY want their windows clean! By Brett Bailey: Earlier this year, some of us here in California were complaining that, while we were open to working in the rain, our customers didn't want the windows done at that time. Today, it's raining in California and all of my customers today were ecstatic that I was willing to work in the rain so that their windows would be clean for their holiday parties. They were making me coffee, lighting the fireplace for me to warm up by.....anything that they could do to accommodate me.
.

But this past Wednesday took the cake. Me and my crew got to the first job. The house is located way up on a hill and the driveway was at the end of a cul-de-sac. When we got to the end of the cul-de-sac, the water company had the road closed to fix a main water leak. There was no way possible I was going to get to the driveway, and there was no way in hell I was going to carry all of our ladder and gear up that mountain to get up to his house. So, I called him and told him of our dilemna.


Now, I knew that this gentleman was a man of resources, hence the reason why he has been so successful in life. But I never could have imagined what would happen next. After I told him of the situation, he very calmly said he would be right down. I thought to myself; does he think he is going to convince the water company to move? Is he going to come down here to carry the gear up himself? Maybe he would bring a tractor down here and we could use an auxiliary road that I didn't know about? I wasn't sure what he had in mind.


Well, about 10 minutes went by and I heard a loud noise. I looked up to see a helicopter landing in the field next to us. I thought that was odd until I saw my customer getting out of it.....then it was BIZZARE! He came over and told us to load the guys and our gear up and he would get us up to the house. It took a couple of trips, and we had to strap the ladders to the skids, but we made it.


One thing I forgot to mention about this gentleman. When we were done with the job and doing our walk around, he told me how he worked his way through college. He made up fliers that said, "Ironing by the piece and window cleaning by the pane" and passed them out in downtown San Diego. This guy used to be a window cleaner! That was a guy who REALLY wanted his windows cleaned!

1 comment:

CD DVD Duplication said...

WOW! Wish I had money to buy a sea plane too!

Search This Blog