Friday 18 March 2016

The Enhancement Award

Back row, 2nd in is Tim Carpenter, a selfless window cleaner who spent hours of his own free time cleaning bus shelters, road signs & street furniture in his home town, Melksham.
Civic awards handed out to Melksham community champions: A selfless cleaner, who spent hours of his own free time cleaning bus shelters in Melksham, is among the winners of this year’s Civic Awards. Tim Carpenter, of Marti Close, from Mr Sparkles window cleaners, has since March 2015 been cleaning bus shelters, road signs and street furniture on a voluntary basis.

Mr Carpenter, who was given the Enhancing Melksham Award, was among eight others recognised for their community work in a ceremony held at Melksham Town Hall on Sunday (Mar 13). The 50-year-old said: “Somebody nominated me for it and I did not expect it. It was just really nice. I have always maintained that if one does their little bit a lot can be achieved.

“I just got in touch with the council and said I wanted to give something back to the community and said I would tidy up the market square and then agreed to do the bus shelters. “It was nice to chip in and help the community as my business has gone from strength to strength and this is just a way to say thank you to the people of Melksham.”

No comments:

Search This Blog