Wednesday 27 August 2014

Window Cleaner Makes Suitember

Ian will be donning a different fancy dress outfit everyday throughout September.
http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Suitember-fancy-dress-challenge-Torrington-window/story-22833159-detail/story.html
'Suitember' fancy dress challenge for Torrington window cleaner - Don't be surprised if you look outside and see Batman with a bucket of soapy water giving your windows a good scrub. A man from Torrington is donning a different fancy dress outfit every day throughout September to raise cash for charity. From Spiderman to Elvis, Ian Kevern, 45, will be wearing a variety of costumes on his window cleaning rounds. Ian will be dressing in some madcap outfits for a charity challenge which he has dubbed Suitember.

He said: “I was thinking about something to do following Movember, so I thought of Suitember. I thought I could wear Batman or Spiderman suits. I put it to my wife who thought it was a good idea. “My wife is an art teacher and has offered to do my makeup if needed. I don’t want to be wearing a hot mask all day, so I thought makeup would be better.” Ian said he was keen to hear from people who had any particular costumes they wanted him to wear.

He said: “I am open to offers of suits. If people want me to wear a particular suit I will for an extra donation to charity, as long as it isn’t a mankini. “I have already had one person ask me to wear a bright suit covered in printed balloons.” Ian will be raising money throughout September for Edukid and the Barnstaple Chemotherapy Unit appeal.

He said: “I asked people on Facebook what charity they wanted to donate to. A few people mentioned the chemotherapy unit. “I have a few friends going through chemotherapy. I have had cancer myself from a malignant mole on my leg. “The chemotherapy unit was a charity I wanted to donate to. I did a charity bike ride for Edukid last year so I wanted to donate to them again.”


Ian said he was looking forward to dressing up for work. He said: “Every day, including weekends, I will wear a suit. I might be down at Bude dressed as Batman. “It will be a bit of a challenge window cleaning at times. I will have to pick the right suit for the job.” Search for Squeak Ian Clean Torrington Window Cleaning Service on Facebook for a blog of his challenge.

Visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/iankevern if you want to donate.

Ian Kevern will be suiting up while he cleans windows this September.
http://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/news/torrington_window_cleaner_scrubs_up_for_charities_1_3737812
A Torrington window cleaner will be the best dressed in town as he vows to wear 30 different suits in 30 days for charity. From a three-piece to Batman, Ian Kevern, 45, will be washing windows in various outfits as part of his own idea, ‘Suitember’. “I came up with the concept last October and have been waiting a year to do this,” he told the Gazette. “I’ve had to raid friends’ new year’s eve costumes, charity shops and eBay to find as many as possible. “If someone has a suggestion and sponsors me enough, I’ll wear it.” Ian will be raising money for Edukid and the Chemo Appeal and hopes people will get behind him and sponsor him. Go to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/iankevern or Squeak Ian Clean on Facebook for more.

No comments:

Search This Blog