Monday 8 October 2012

The Luckiest Window Cleaner Alive?

Two years ago Terry Burrows, won £40,000 on the horses and now he has done it again and won another £40,000 last Saturday
Romford window cleaner mops up again- winning almost £40K: The world’s fastest window cleaner has taken another betting shop to the cleaners after winning almost £40,000 on the horses- just two years after mopping up £41,000. Terry ‘Turbo’ Burrows from Romford, who has been dubbed the Usain Bolt of the betting world, won the lucky bet a second time at odds of 250,000 to one after placing a similar bet in 2010. Terry said: “The first few days I walked around like a zombie and then it slowing started to sink in, but I was just ecstatic.”

The 55-year-old father of two, had four horses win at 16-1, 11-1, 16-1 and 13-2 for his £1 each way Lucky 15 bet. Terry also helped ten of his friends to win £65 each after they placed bets on his last horse. He said: “The last race was just too much and I had to look away but I had all the guys around me going mad so I knew that I was winning. “The first one was the closest because the horse only won by a small margin.”

Bucket full of money.
In 2010, Terry who holds the world record for cleaning three, 45 square inch windows, plus wiping the sills in just 9.14 seconds, won £41,439 at William Hill. He first started betting three years ago and says that his secret is studying the horses. Terry said: “I study the horses to see how they ran this time last year and that way you can get an indication of how well they are likely to do. “Its not always that simple because at the end of the day they are animals and you never know what is going to happen.”

Terry, who has had seven window cleaning world records overall, now spends just two days a week window cleaning and the rest of the time taking part in trade shows and adverts. He has vowed to continue betting and doing his window cleaning until he wins another £40,000 in the horses. He said: “It took me two wins to earn £40,000, models can’t even earn that in two hours. “If I keep on trying, I think I can do it again.”

Q&A With Terry "Turbo" Burrows here.

No comments:

Search This Blog