Tuesday 12 June 2012

Window Cleaner Is Not A 'Peeping Tom'

A window cleaner has been cleared of sexually molesting a woman by Dubai Court of First Instance.

Window cleaner cleared of sexually molesting woman: A window cleaner has been cleared of sexually molesting a woman by looking at her through the glass while she was having a shower. Dubai Court of First Instance acquitted the Bangladeshi man of the charge after he was accused of watching the 38-year-old Filipina woman in her flat in Bur Dubai.

Official records had quoted the woman as saying: “I noticed that my window was open and closed it. Then I took off my clothes and started having a shower. “I then noticed that the window had been opened again and realised that someone was watching me. “I closed the window again and covered my body. Then I saw the suspect open it and I yelled at him and called Dubai Police.” The Bangladeshi had claimed that he wasn’t looking at the woman and was only cleaning the window.


Window cleaner cleared of peeping at showering woman (DUBAI) A window cleaner accused of peeking at a woman while she was showering was today acquitted at the Dubai Criminal Court. MJ, a 28-year-old from Bangladesh, was accused of watching JJ, a 38-year-old Filipina interior designer, while she was taking a shower on April 16. He denied a charge of sexual assault when he appeared last month. The Filipina claimed she had shut the bathroom window before her shower but that she later noticed it had reopened half way. She said she kept an eye on the window and that after a short while she noticed the cleaner trying to open it. However, the window cleaner denied the accusation. "No this did not happen, I was just cleaning the glass windows of the building at Dubai Sports City," he told the judges at his first hearing.


Cleaner cleared of spying on woman in shower - Dubai: A cleaner was acquitted on Monday of spying on a woman taking a shower after he argued that he was only cleaning the windows. Citing lack of evidence, the Dubai Court of First Instance cleared the 28-year-old cleaner, M.J., of peeping at the 38-year-old designer by watching her in the shower. When the Bangladeshi cleaner defended himself before the court, he dismissed the prosecutors’ accusation. He denied breaching the Filipina designer’s modesty and privacy and watching her naked. “No I didn’t. I was just doing my job cleaning the windows of the building from outside… I was cleaning the glass,” M.J. said.
According to the charge sheet, prosecutors said M.J. intentionally peeped at 38-year-old J.J. while she took a shower in her bathroom. “I am innocent because I didn’t do anything wrong,” said the suspect. The designer claimed that she entered her bathroom to take a shower. She closed the window after she saw it open. “I removed my clothes and went into the bathtub… I pulled the curtains and covered half of the bathtub. While I was showering, I noticed that the window was opened again. Then I realised that somebody must have been peeping at me while I was in the shower. I closed the window again then covered myself up with a towel and waited. When I saw the defendant opened the window, I shouted at him… then I rushed out of the bathroom and called the police,” said the Filipina. An Emirati police corporal testified that they were told about a problem in a building at Dubai Sports City. The corporal said the defendant denied peeping at the woman and alleged that he was cleaning the window. Monday’s judgement remains subject to appeal within 15 days.

‘Peeping Tom’ window cleaner acquitted - Corporal Khalid Salem testified that he rushed to Sports City following the woman’s complaint. Checking with the building’s watchman, police found out that MJM was assigned to clean the building’s glass windows. MJM denied peeping at the woman and claimed that he was just cleaning the window. Initial story here.

No comments:

Search This Blog