Thursday 15 September 2011

Sharp Eyed Window Cleaner Takes Action


Cramlington window cleaner snares sex pest: Window cleaner Paul Kerry snared a suspected sex pest opposite a nursery while out walking his dogs. The 31-year-old had spotted a man acting suspiciously in the bushes opposite Little Angels nursery in Cramlington. The dad-of-one was so concerned about what he saw that he phoned the police who raced to the scene and arrested the man on suspicion on outraging public decency. Today Paul has told of his shock at what he saw and how police commended him on his quick-thinking. He said: “I thought the man was up to something because he was acting suspiciously so I kept an eye on him. “I just had a feeling something wasn’t right so I didn’t want to let him out of my sight. “Because it was over the road from a nursery I was even more concerned about what was going on. He had his trousers down. “I was tempted to go over and confront him but I kept my cool and called the police. “I knew if I went over he might have chance to run away and it would have been my word against his.”

Paul, who lives in Cramlington with fiance Sarah Law and their three-and-a-half year old son Callum, dialled 999 and he says within six minutes officers were at the scene. A man was arrested and has since appeared in court charged with outraging public decency. The incident happened on Monday at 12.10pm at Seven Oaks Park, near Paradise Road. Paul was on a day off work and was out walking his two bulldogs Tito and Queenie when he spotted the man. He said: “I kept him in sight until the police arrived and arrested him. “Afterwards the police officers came and commended me on what I had done.

“I was disgusted by what happened, especially as it was near a nursery school, although there were no children outside at the time. “I rang the nursery as well to tell them of what had happened. This isn’t the sort of thing you would normally get round here and I was glad to do my public duty. “Lots of friends have commended me on what I did.”

Last month the Chronicle reported how Paul was the lucky fan that got Derby day goal hero Ryan Taylor’s shirt when he threw it into the crowd following the Toon’s 1-0 win against arch rivals Sunderland. Neighbourhood Inspector Dave Fitzgerald, who was present at the arrest, said: “This type of incident is one which police take seriously due to its nature. No people except police officers seem to have witnessed the man’s disturbing activities and no one had been approached by the man.”

Sergeant Michael Aspey and his local neighbourhood officers are actively reassuring the community and businesses in the area. A 46-year-old man from Cramlington has been charged with outraging public decency. He appeared at South East Northumberland Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday and was bailed to attend the same court on October 4.

Paul also made the news recently for other reasons (hence the picture)...


NUFC fan gets Ryan Taylor derby goal shirt: "Toon" fan Paul Kelly had the shirt off Derby Day goal hero Ryan Taylor’s back. But the Newcastle United mad dad didn’t have to move far from his seat during the match against arch rivals Sunderland after the player threw it straight into his lap. After the Toon beat the Black Cats at the Stadium of Light on Saturday players celebrated on the pitch, with some taking their tops off for the traditional swapping of the shirts. But an emotional Ryan Taylor – fresh from scoring the winning goal with a sweetly struck free kick on 62 minutes – threw his shirt into the crowd of travelling fans. And 31-year-old window cleaner Paul was the lucky fan that the shirt headed straight for. Today proud fan Paul, from Cramlington, said he planned to frame the shirt and give it pride of place above his living room mantlepiece.

No comments:

Search This Blog