Sunday 7 June 2009

Race for Life - A Window Cleaners Niece



Ian Wicks of Window Washers would like to add this message:

"As many on here will know my three year old niece Summer was fighting for her life last year
and sadly died from Cancer just before Christmas last year. I am trying to get some sponsors for my wife as she is taking part in race for life to raise money for cancer research and I want to help beat her target." Pictured: "This is my Wife and Summer, time stamp wrong on camera!" "Any amount will help. Help me beat this target and help to find a cure for a this horrible disease that can happen to anyone young or old." "Last week should have been Summer's 4th birthday :'(
I cannot describe how this affected me and my family and the people that knew Summer, and my heart goes out to anyone that has or is going through this." You can donate HERE.



The history for people that do not know is:
"Summer at about 11 months old had a large mass on her arm, the hospital said it was just something cosmetic and sent her and her mum away to come back when she was 18 to have plastic surgery if needed. We went to the IOW where they live and the lump was massive I was praying it was not what I thought it was, she went back to a doctor and they called great ormond street hospital as an emergency and she was rushed up there (it was not cosmetic it was cancer and had spread into her little chest). When at Great Ormond street they found Summer had a tumor in her arm and had gone to her lymph gland and was now around her chest wall (makes me shake typing this) they amputated her lower arm and removed the tumor from her chest wall and removed lymph nodes.
She then was given radio therapy and chemo' for 6 months obviously loosing her hair in this time. the cancer kept growing, so she had another operation on her arm but this time they wanted to take away summers shoulder and the rest of her arm and part of her body but they said they wanted to try a high dose of treatment first, this went on and on, and in october last year she was given the all clear! She went to Disney-land to celebrate wearing her little princess dress, full of life.
She went back for a routine check-up in November last year and the doctors said it was back and there was nothing they could do and she had less than 4 weeks to live.
You could have knocked anyone of the family over with a feather, I shut my window cleaning business down and me and my wife went to the iow to spend as much time as we could with Summer, a charity gave her a specialy adapted bike and she loved it bless her, she went on it for three days, when we went to the iow she was well, happy her normal cheeky self, then the cancer took hold, she complained of belly ache, so they put her on morphine, she then stopped eating, and went down hill fast, but being the little fighter she was she hung in there and would not give up. I will not say more on this part as it is very upsetting reliving the nightmare we was living in, and how her mum coped I just don't know.
Carrying my nieces coffin out of the church is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and something I hope anyone would never have to go through, I have to say I was honoured to do it though carrying the most special little girl in the world, she really was a ray of sunshine in our lives..
This is why my wife is doing this race. I am sorry if this has upset anyone, and if anyone is going through this, you do not have to be alone I find it good to talk about it. Help others - every £1 donated helps."

Thanks, Ian Wicks. Window Washers.

No comments:

Search This Blog