Saturday 19 April 2008

Window Washer had kindest soul



By Eliot Fiks of Whole in the Wall Restaurant:

"Freddie Goodall was my friend. Then again, you'd be hard-pressed to go anywhere in Broome County and not find someone who called themselves a friend to Freddie Goodall. His heart was so big, it's hard to believe it could fit inside the body of one man. He always had a smile tucked away just for you. No matter how bad I felt, he could always make me smile. You can't buy that. I told him he was the best man in Binghamton, and there is not doubt in my mind that he was. No man truer of heart, no man purer of spirit, no man with a deeper twinkle in his eye, walking the walk, rain or shine. One day I said to him, "Freddie, if there ever comes a time you can't wash windows anymore, you just come anyway, and I'll pay you just to see you smile." He just smiled and said, "Alleluia, praise the Lord. "Freddie, you are sorely missed but never forgotten. Your spirit lives in my heart, always coaxing me to be a better man."

"It has been a long time but if I am right this Freddie used to wash windows at Dunkin Donuts in the early '90s. He was a sweet heart and a beautiful soul. I always loved being able to talk with this man, it was like an honor to have him touch my life."

"I remember Freddie from the time I was a little girl. He used to wash the windows at the Crystal Tea Room. There was never a sweeter,kinder man known to man. I became a nurse and had the opportunity to take care of him. He was just as delightful and kind. His wife is a gem also. What a beautiful family. The world lost one of the few gentleman in this world. His children should be so proud!"

How will you be remembered?

No comments:

Search This Blog